|A delicious weekend breakfast treat!|
125g plain flour
250ml soya yoghurt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
1 medium egg
50g unsalted butter
A drop of oil for frying
1. Gently melt the butter in a pan and allow to cool.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
3. Beat the egg, then add the yoghurt and melted butter.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently until the ingredients are combined. Try not to over-mix. You'll end up with a thick mixture.
5. Put a small drop of oil in a griddle pan and warm over a medium heat.
6. Spread the mixture into the pan, covering the whole surface for a lovely square waffle.
7. This is where patience is rewarded. Leave your waffle to cook until the top starts to cook, this will be around 5-10 minutes.
8. Using a spatula, gently lift your waffle to check the bottom is cooked – it will be golden brown with darker griddle pan lines. If this has happened, gently flip the waffle to brown the other side. Again, this will take a few minutes. But it's worth it, I promise!
9. Your waffle is ready when both sides are golden brown and firm. Dust with a touch of naughty icing sugar and serve with a few plump blueberries.