DESCRIPTION: 400m pool swim - 5k run
DATE: 7th September 2013
LOCATION: Gurnell Leisure Centre, Perivale
Lessons learned from experience...
1. DO ask for support from your willing husband if you want it.
2. DO smile at the beginning of the race.
3. DO take the swim at your own pace and celebrate that you managed to overtake others.
4. DO laugh at yourself when jelly legs cause you to fall over in transition when attempting to put on your shoes.
5. DO try and encourage others to keep running when they start to walk.
6. DO take cue from your race number (190) and channel 'The Force'.
6. DO celebrate finishing 33rd (22nd in the swim (!!!) and 32nd in the run) and 12th in category!